The city of Dearborn Heights maintains this Web site as a public service. All Website users are subject to the Privacy and Security Policies of the City.
Information Collected and Stored
City of Dearborn Heights collects information from you under the following two circumstances:
- Information Collected Automatically - Some information is collected from you automatically when you view City of Dearborn Heights pages and download information. This may include your Internet Protocol address assigned by your Internet Service Provider, domain name and the type of browser and operating system you used, the date and time you accessed the Dearborn Heights's site, the pages you requested and visited, and the site you linked from to reach City of Dearborn Heights Web site. The City of Dearborn Heights uses this type of information to statistically measure site traffic and to improve the Web site. The information is not reviewed on an individual basis but is aggregated with other users for comparison purposes.
- Information Voluntarily Submitted - Additional information may be collected from you if you opt-in or voluntarily provide it in order to fulfill a request for online services.
The City of Dearborn Heights uses the information you voluntarily provide to tailor our site to your needs and preferences and to provide the online services you are requesting. The type of information we collect will vary with the service being sought and may include your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
City of Dearborn Heights will only send personal information about you to others when:
- We have your consent to share the information; or
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; or
- We are authorized to do so by law (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or to requests pursuant to a statute requiring or permitting disclosure such as the Freedom of Information Act. MCL 15.231, et seq.: MSA 4.1801(1) et seq.)
The City of Dearborn Heights, has taken a number of steps to safeguard the integrity of its data and prevent unauthorized access to information that is maintained in agency computer systems. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, ensure the integrity of information that is transmitted between users of e-government applications and the city, and to provide reasonable protection of private information that is in our possession.
For security purposes and to make sure this service remains available to all users, the City of Dearborn Heights uses special software programs for monitoring and auditing network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise to cause damage to this government computer system. The City of Dearborn Heights also uses industry-standard software tools to control access to specific applications and services and to protect data that is transmitted electronically between users and the city. These programs help us identify someone attempting to tamper with this Web site.
WARNING - If security monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, information pertaining to such activity may be provided to law enforcement officials.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on the City of Dearborn Heights portal or its composite Web sites are strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and Title 18 U.S.C. Sec.1001 and 1030.
The information contained in this policy statement should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting as fail proof, the security of information provided via the City of Dearborn Heights portal or the Web sites of individual city agencies.
This Website contains links to several other websites, or hypertext links to information, created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. The City only provides these links for your information and convenience. The City does not endorse, ensure the accuracy of, or vouch for the safety and privacy of any linked site. The City does not endorse, ensure the accuracy of, or vouch for the safety and privacy of any linked site. When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the City website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
Social Media Sites
This applies to the City's use of any social media application, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
The City participates in social media applications as part of its mission to provide information to its residents and the general public.
On social media applications where the City has the ability to moderate posts, the City will make an effort to moderate posts according to City guidelines for each application, however the City disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any non-City post on these applications. If you choose to post personally identifiable information on any social media application, you do so at your own risk. Posts to social media applications are generally possessed and maintained by the operator of the application, not the City. The privacy policies of all applications not operated by the City apply in the collection and dissemination of user data. The City encourages all users to read the privacy policies before registering or posting to any application.
Dearborn Heights Connect (SeeClickFix)
The City of Dearborn Heights is using SeeClickFix, an online and mobile service request system, to power its mobile app (branded as Dearborn Heights Connect) and web based reporting forms. SeeClickFix is an application that allows the Dearborn Heights community to report non-emergency related issues.
SeeClickFix can be used via the Web on a desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, or tablet. SeeClickFix is a public application. The description entered will be visible to the public. Your display name will also be visible unless you choose to submit as Anonymous. Your email address will never be displayed publicly.