What do I need to vote at the polls?

When you go to the polls to cast a ballot, you will be asked to produce voter identification. The following types of valid photo IDs are acceptable:

  • Michigan Driver’s or State issued ID card
  • Driver’s license or ID card issued from another state
  • Federal or state government-issued photo ID
  • U.S. Passport
  • Military ID with photo
  • Student ID card with photo from a high school or accredited institution of higher learning
  • Tribal identification card with photo

If you do not have a photo ID or do not bring it with you to the polls, you may still vote by signing an affidavit stating you are not in possession of photo identification.

Show All Answers

1. I am not a registered voter, how do I register?
2. What if I am in the military or live overseas?
3. When do I need to register if I want to vote in an upcoming election?
4. Now that I am registered, where do I vote? Can I view a Sample Ballot?
5. What do I need to vote at the polls?
6. Can I vote absentee rather than at the polls?
7. How can I obtain an absentee ballot application?