What do I need to license my business in the City?

In order for a business license to be issued, water and personal property tax bills must be current with the City. In addition, you must have a valid Certificate of Occupancy for the building in which you are operating the business.  Depending on the particular business you operate, there are several different requirements such as proof of insurance, background checks, and vehicle information. Please check with the Clerk’s office regarding these requirements.

There are four different types of licenses issued, a business license/registration, a tree contractor, a street license vendor, and a solicitation license.

Show All Answers

1. What Businesses are subject to licensing or registration?
2. My business is licensed by the State, do I still need to be licensed by the City of Dearborn Heights?
3. What do I need to license my business in the City?
4. What is the fee for registration/licensing of business?
5. Is this a one time license/registration and fee?
6. I am planning on having a garage sale, what type of license is required?